Child Safety is our priority
We understand how important child safe window furnishings are and that they are one of the most important purchases you can make. Young children have died by wrapping loose curtain and blind cords or chains around their necks.
Please take the time to view our Child Safety brochure and look at our Child Safe product range.
Here are a few points to keep in mind
- Keep all pull cords and inner lift cords up out of reach of children. A minimum of 1.6 metres off the ground is ideal.
- Move cots/beds and furniture away from windows.
- Anchor continuous loop chains/chords permanently to the wall or architrave with the child safe cord device provided as per the instructions. Remember to keep enough tension on the chain/cord so a child's head can not fit through it, or form a loop 220mm or more.
- Keep decorative tassel pull cords short
- Opt for products that eliminate control cords, such as motorised roller blinds, cordless Honeycomb blinds or wand control Vertical blinds.
- Make sure to read the warning tags on the products and packaging. We recommend not removing the tags from the product.
Take a look at our range of our cordless products for total peace of mind.
Cordless Honeycomb Blinds offer a more streamlined look, and makes it safer for homes with young children.
Select the Safety Wand control option to eliminate dangling cords, making your blinds less hazardous. Chainless weights are also available.
Roller blinds can be ordered with the option of motorisation, making your blinds a safer window treatment.