Last updated: 25/10/2023
The purpose of this Cookie Notice is to provide you with information about what cookies are and how they work. It also explains what cookies we use, what they do and how you can control what cookies we use when you visit one of our Digital Properties.
About Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd
Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd is an ecommerce do-it-yourself ("DIY") window furnishing business. Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd is part of Hunter Douglas, the world's leading manufacturer of window coverings. If you have a question or concern about our use of your personal information, please let us know using the contact details below.
To get in touch, email: email@example.com
Or write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Tuiss Blinds Online
7/54-60 Vesper Drive,
Cookies and their purpose
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your devices (e.g., computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a Digital Property. Cookies can be used for different purposes. They allow a website to be more secure, they can recognise a user's device, their preferences or selected language and currency, and can generally help us provide you with a more personalised experience. They can also help deliver ads that are personalised to you.
Categories of cookies
There are four types of cookies that we use on our Digital Properties:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential for us to provide you with the services you request on the Digital Properties and to keep the Digital Properties secure. We do not ask for consent to these cookies because without them the Digital Properties would not operate properly. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but the Digital Properties then will not function correctly.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies enable us to provide a better user experience on the Digital Properties, for example by recognising you when you return to our Digital Properties, remembering your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, region, etc.), and can help us provide enhanced, more personalised features and content.
- Analytics cookies: Analytics cookies collect information about our Digital Properties visitors for statistical purposes, including to help us understand how many people visit the Digital Properties and what parts of the Digital Properties they look at. They help us to monitor how our Digital Properties are used and so that we can continuously improve it.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing activities in order to show you advertisements that are more likely to be relevant to your interests (both on and off of our Digital Properties).
The categories of cookies we use can be divided between:
- "First party" and "Third party" cookies. First party cookies are set by us, the owners of the Digital Properties. Third party cookies are set by our third party service providers to deliver services on our behalf or in cooperation with us. First party cookies only collect information about your use of our Digital Properties, while third party cookies set by our service providers may also collect information about your use of third party websites that also use the relevant service provider's services.
- "Session" cookies or "Persistent" cookies. Session cookies are cookies that are deleted when you close your internet browser. Persistent cookies have specified expiry periods determined by the first or third party that sets them, and so are not deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies enable websites, for example, to recognise whether someone is a new or returning visitor to the website.
Blocking all cookies via browser settings
If you want to block all cookies, you may be able to do so through the settings in your browser. Please be aware that doing so may also block strictly necessary cookies which are essential for our Digital Properties to operate, and consequently some areas of the Digital Properties may not work properly.
More information on how to manage these settings on common browsers and devices are below.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
Third party tracking via cookies
If you have consented to receive third-party functional, analytics, and/or advertising cookies, it may be possible for the third-party providers of these cookies to track your browsing behaviour when you leave one of our Digital Properties.
Tracking technologies on mobile apps
Like many Digital Property providers, we may use tracking technologies like software development kits, application programmable interface, local storage and device identifiers on our mobile apps.
The purposes of these technologies vary but may include maintaining the app's speed and functionality and assigning a unique number to your device to deliver advertising or remember your preferences.
You can control the use of these technologies via your device settings (e.g., often through the "privacy" settings).
More information on the use of your personal information
You can read our https://www.blindsonline.com.au/privacy-policy to have more information on how we use the personal information we collected about you via cookies on our Digital Properties, how we transfer them to countries other than the country in which you reside and what rights you can exercise.
We may update this Cookie Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law.
To see when this Cookie Notice was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section at the outset of this Cookie Notice.